Here at Trilogy, we focus on designing eco-friendly buildings. If you are interested in designing an environmentally-friendly custom home design, then we suggest checking out some of the following green building ideas for inspiration:
- Sustainable flooring – The use of cork or bamboo are both sustainable options that provide the same kind of durability and beauty that more traditional hardwood flooring provides.
- Radiant ground floor heating – Radiant heating can be much more efficient than traditional furnaces and duct systems due to the fact that heat is created below the floors. Since heat rises, heating your home this way will help spread heat more evenly around the home.
- Face the home the right way – The position of the windows of your home can help you save energy during the winter and summer months.
- Insulate the home – Keep energy from leaking in or escaping out by using thicker walls, more energy efficient windows and higher quality spray-foam insulation.
- Use low-VOC products – Low-VOC products are not only better for the environment, their less damaging to your health as well.
Consider some of these ideas and be sure to contact us at Trilogy Builds for more information about custom green home designs today.