Sustainability has become more and more of a hot topic over the last two decades as the extent of the problem has become clearer and clearer. Since each of us contributes to the human impact on the planet, it is up to all of us to be part of the solution.
Use these tips to become more eco-friendly:
- Replace old, incandescent light bulbs with their compact fluorescent counterparts, which last longer while using up less power.
- Set up a bin for composting. Something like a trash can with a lockable lid and 20 to 25 holes drilled in its side should more than suffice.
- For shorter distances, you can either bike or walk. For longer distances, you should do all of your weekly errands in a single trip rather than spread them out over multiple trips.
- Be sure to turn off your lights as you leave the room.
- Even something as minor as using reusable bags rather than their disposable counterparts can help.
- Likewise, purchase a reusable water bottle that can be refilled again and again rather than stock up on plastic water bottles.