Homeowners are considering the impact they have on the Earth. Whether building a home or thinking about a renovation, you can make a conscious effort to use green building materials that do everything from conserving nonrenewable resources to being more energy-efficient. Trilogy is a believer in sustainability, and recommends these green building materials.
- Bamboo. The fastest growing grass in the world is biodegradable and offers a sturdy, solid option that can be used both indoors and outdoors. Research also shows that bamboo releases a high concentration of oxygen into the atmosphere.
- Composite Decking. Resistant to stain and mold, this option is green-friendly. First, it’s made with reclaimed and recycled materials, which helps to save the trees. Second, it’s long-lasting.
- Eco Paint. Homeowners who are concerned about volatile organic compounds can opt for eco paint, which is known for having low concentration of that harmful stuff. Plus, the air quality in your house will improve.
- Reclaimed Lumber. Save the forests by using sustainable timber made with salvaged wood.
- Recycled Glass. Glass scraps from beer bottles, glasses and other objects receive new life as counters, backsplashes and other additions.
Stay tuned on the latest green building trends from Trilogy.