Are you looking to remodel your home in the near future? If so we suggest that you consider these 8 strategies for home remodeling before building an addition.
1. Consider your needs now and in the future when designing your plan.
2. Remove previous additions that are out of date to improve the function of your home.
3. Create efficient circulation with generous and open pathways. Think about how you will actually travel through the space in your day-to-day life.
4. Resurface rather than replace areas such as cabinetry, fireplace skins, and floorings in order to save on costs.
5. Reposition the stairway to a more central location and utilize space more efficiently.
6. Improve natural lighting to make rooms feel more spacious and comfortable.
7. Make your patio an extension of the home with temperature control and improved lighting.
8. Insert openings where appropriate to create a more open floor plan.